Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

MetaBody Fitness

If I have had any doubts as to whether I could accomplish my goal on the cheap, I think I've already put them to rest.  Like magic, an email appeared in my inbox this morning for another great deal: $20 for a 30-class yoga and fitness pass.

This pass is a little different than what I had in mind, but I'm going for it anyway.  Here are some highlights of things I can do with this pass:

At Giants Gym:

  • P90X.. . Er, wait.  It's actually called PDX90.  Must be some spin-off of the real deal, eh? 
  • Burmese Yoga
  • Zumba
At Motionlab
  • GYROKINESIS® class every Saturday at 10 am
  • Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
  • Muay Thai boxing 
  • MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) 
  • Nia <-- duh.  
At Dahn Yoga
  • This is what I call "regular" yoga for lack of a better name... 

So I guess I get to pick three locations and do three 10-class passes of each.  I recognize that this will likely be more than a month so I haven't quite decided what I will do about that.  Can I stretch it into three months or is that cheating?  
And let's be honest, Combat Sports, while cool in theory is probably not something I should endure for a whole month.  Can you imagine me doing MMA?  The thought of it is actually laughable.  

The package has to be completed by June 30th so that will begin in March for me.  


4 comments:

  1. Testing, testing!
    ~forrest~

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMA stuff is actually fun! I did a couple jiu jitsu classes and had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up to potentially do a 30-day free trial at the Mata-Leao, so we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it would be wonderful to experience each class and trial within its own month, it's probably not realistic.

    Assuming that any given class or activity would be done no more than 3 days in a week, one could assume that a months worth of classes is equal to 8-12 (2-3 classes x 4 weeks). For the purposes of cataloging and writing about each, you can still collect them together, but perhaps rather than trying to take your resolution literally as a month per thing, you should treat it more metaphorically as a month's-worth per thing.

    It would be lovely to encapsulate each experience individually, but you shouldn't let your sanity suffer for your desires or writing.

    ReplyDelete