Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

LA Fitness

As you may recall, I have been a member of LA Fitness for over a year now.  Because of this project though, I decided to quit my membership and do new things at new places.  But so far I haven't actually stopped going to LA Fitness.  Why?  Well, when I first started with the company you pay first/last month from the start.  And so even though I put in my cancellation a long time ago now, I still have access to the club.

Actually, my club access will now continue through Feb 20, 2012.  What's great is that they will refund the last payment they enforced onto my auto-billing and still give me that access as a "oops, sorry you tried to quit but we didn't let you" policy.

Although that still leaves me with 10 days of no fitness, I think I'm going to take the 20 free days at LA.
For the month of January I went to the gym about 2-3 times per week but never did a single class.  What I found was that it's incredibly difficult for me to do the classes because you have to plan on it and arrive at a certain time every day.

I actually did arrive at about the same time every day (about 10:15am)... but there certainly aren't classes at that time.

So my goal for Feb 1 - Feb 20 is twofold:
1.  Take more classes!
2.  Try out the pool.

In all the time that I've been a member there, not once did I ever use the pool!  So I'm off to buy goggles, a swim cap and a decent bathing suit.  And then I'll be swimming...

In other news, I've already lost a few pounds this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment